What Is An At Home Prenatal Personal Training Program?
Fit For Birth’s at home Prenatal Personal Training program focuses on the pregnant mom’s physically and hormonally changing body as well as preparing herself and her baby for birth. Whether you want to get in shape, stay in shape or simply feel great about your changing body, Fit For Birth has the perfect exercise program for you whether you are planning on conceiving, in your 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd trimester.
Each workout has an easy to follow video instruction for every exercise. As you may have noticed, pregnancy is a journey filled with ups, downs and discomforts. One day you may feel great and the next you are suffering from heartburn, sciatica or extreme fatigue. One day certain exercises feel great and the next day it is extremely uncomfortable. This is why we give you modifications or substitutions for many of the exercises.
What Is The Fit For Birth Model?
BELLY TRAINING: Belly training uses diaphragmatic breathing techniques, pelvic floor exercises and core training to strengthen the diaphragm, core and both strengthen and relax the pelvic floor muscles. READ MORE…
Here is an example of Belly Training:
The workout moves into FUNCTIONAL TRAINING. These exercises will challenge your balance and realign your body with functional strength exercises. Your functional exercises will always be fun and use little to no equipment. READ MORE…
Here is an example of Functional Training:
Next is LABOR TRAINING, a series of full body cardiovascular exercises used to elevate your heart rate and tire your body physically for the duration of 30-90 seconds, the same time a contraction may last. You will then be instructed to lie or sit in a recovery position with your eyes closed where you will be guided (by an audio recording) in a relaxation/conscious recovery to prepare for the next surge/contraction. Two to four rounds are usually performed. READ MORE…
Here is an example of Labor Training.
The session will end with gentle stretching and if desired a (recorded) guided meditation/relaxation lasting 7-10 minutes. READ MORE…
Why Choose The Fit For Birth At Home Prenatal Workout?
Pregnancy is an extremely special and unique time in your life. You may feel like you have lost control over your body physically, emotionally and hormonally. The Fit For Birth at Home Prenatal workout has been designed by two people, Kim and James, who thoroughly understand the changing body of a pregnant woman and the natural birth process.
When you found out you were pregnant you probably scouted for the best OBGYN or Midwife right? Or you at least knew you were not going to deliver with your general practitioner, even though they too can deliver babies! You wanted a specialist, someone who works with pregnant moms and is experienced. The same applies to your workout! You can choose any at home workout or any prenatal at home workout but what sets Fit For Birth apart is we dedicate our lives/careers to pregnant and post partum women.
Kim and James know which muscles need to be strengthened to help your changing body stay aligned and which muscles to stretch or “open” in order for an easier/shorter birth. We understand common discomforts like sciatica, round ligament pain and low back pain and we adapt exercises accordingly and may have valid suggestions to help release the discomforts. Kim and James are aware of and will share the warning signs to reduce or terminate an exercise program. Basically we know what the common non-threatening discomforts/aches of pregnancy both physically and hormonally and which ones are not common and you should see your health care provider before continuing.
The Benefits Of The Fit For Birth At Home Prenatal Exercise Program
In Dr Clapp’s book, Exercising Through Your Pregnancy, research has proven the following benefits that exercising moms can give their unborn children:
- Increased physical health scores as measured immediately upon birth and up to five years later
- Increased intelligence scores for life
- Exercise Increases Baby’s Nutrients and Removes Baby’s Toxins
- Fewer fetal interventions
- Fewer pregnancy complications
Beneficial maternal side effects of exercising during pregnancy:
- Less maternal weight gain
- Less maternal labor pain
- Less maternal pregnancy discomfort
Fewer fetal interventions
Moms who exercise were rewarded by “a marked decrease in the need for all types of medical intervention,” says Clapp. Varney reports similar reductions in medical interventions. His studies show that exercising moms, and their babies, enjoyed these specific benefits:
- “A 35 percent decrease in need for pain relief”
- “A 50 percent decrease in need to artificially rupture the membranes”
- “A 50 percent decrease in need to induce or stimulate labor” with the drug, Pitocin
- “A 50 percent decrease in need to intervene because of abnormalities in fetal heart rate”
- “A 55 percent decrease in need for episiotomy”
- “A 75 percent decrease in need for operative intervention (forceps or C-section)”
Fewer pregnancy complications
The exercising pregnant woman decreases her chance of:
- Gestational diabetes
- Excessive weight gain
- “Overgrown” babies
At Home Prenatal Exercise Program: We Have Gone Digital! You will receive everything as soon as you sign up!
- 6 different at home programs. Each program is designed to last 4-6 weeks with 3 different workouts per week. Each workout will last about 45 min to an hour.
- A video library for each exercise program that you can either view on your computer or download to your ipod/iphone.
- The Fit For Birth Exercise Manual, learn all the benefits of exercise for you and your baby as well as detailed instructions on how to perform Belly Training and Labor Training.
- An MP3 of a guided relaxation/visualization for you and your baby.
- An MP3 of a few specially selected songs by Dr. Thomas Verny and Pamela Weintraub authors of “Nurturing The Unborn Child”, to listen to during Labor Training to nurture you and your baby.
- A SPECIAL BONUS! A free subscription to “Secrets of Painless Childbirth” a 30-day program that guides you towards your best birth.
- Email access to Kim and James to ask any of your pregnancy exercise questions.
Get Your at Home Exercise
Program Now for $197